Thursday, April 15, 2010

And the Winner is.....

Me!  Yep, that's right, I get to keep Fairy Fiona this week.  Of course, the challenge is still on and who knows where she reside next week?  I hope it is with me, though if not, I know that I will be making better choices in my life in regards to food and exercise.  It's not about being perfect, its about making better choices.  

Since Stina took the time to introduce herself I will take a moment to share with the world the basic facts of Carole.

I Am:     
48 years old, yikes the years sure do sneak up on one!
Starting weight:   308.9lbs.  Again yikes, the pounds also have a way of sneaking up on you.  
Weight loss goal:  As Stina said I'd like to get down to about 200lbs and be physically fit.  I've been there  before and at that weight I look good and feel good.  It's not what WW or the medical gurus would tell me, but when I get there and then stay there I will be happy.
Exercise:  I've rediscovered the joy of walking.  We recently moved and are pretty much in the middle of everything.  I can walk to Michaels, Joanns, Target, Barnes & Noble, all over. I also own two pairs of Skeckers Shape Ups.  They are a very comfortable shoe and they do work!  I can feel the muscles in my calves, thighs and yep, even the buttock area being used and stretched.  I guess I should take measurements so that I can verify their success.

Okay, our goal with this blog is to show that weight loss is not perfect.  The journey is laced with pitfalls, think cupcakes, ice cream, pizza, chips and more. However, we can enjoy these things and more if we make a better choice in how much, how often, and how much exercise we are willing to do to balance it all out.
So I'm off to have my pic taken with Fiona and then post it here....victory is sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment