Monday, April 19, 2010

Do I get frequent flier miles for taking this trip more than once?

As many of us that are on this weight loss cruise it is not our first time to take the trip.  I've spent most of my life being chubby.  In 2001 I joined WW and lost a whopping 108lbs.  Yep, that's 108lbs.  In addition to the weight loss I was very physically fit.  Walking, riding, swimming, going to Curves.  The "Why" of why I stopped going to WW and exercising is easy and complicated.  My life took a major turn.  Going from a part time job to a full time job.  I lost site of the fact that I could work more hours and still take care of me.  Anyhow.....here we are.
The past, what I accomplished then does not help me now.  Just because I could resist that cookie 9 years ago does not mean I will resist it today.  

This competition that Stina and I have started has been a real kick start to my weight loss.  I know I will not win Fiona every week, but I want to know that I have made a good effort to get her.  In addition to being more aware of what I eat I have added in exercise.  Today, my son and I took a 2.12 mile walk.  I went to mapmywalk.com to track the map and am very pleased at the distance we covered!  I plan to participate in the WW 5k walk challenge on June 6th.  For participating I will get a 5K charm.  I want that charm!  It's a small, really not remarkable, but earning it and receiving it will be awesome.    If you want to learn more about the Weight Watchers program you can visit their web site at:  www.weightwatchers.com.  And remember, you don't have to be perfect, just be a bit better!
Carole

No comments:

Post a Comment