Friday, April 30, 2010

Gonna Take a Trip

First off, I want to say thank you to all of those who posted comments offering encouragement to me!  Thanks!  Thanks! Thanks!  This is a life style and I know that.  Being a person is very keen on instant satisfaction, not seeing weight loss is well, you, not instantly gratifying.  I will keep on keeping on and know that as long as I continue to make better (not perfect) choices in my life that overall I will be better.  An even bigger thanks to Stina for all her help and support and caring!  When we met eight years ago who could have know that we would go on to be such great friends and have so many wonderful opportunities to help and support each other?

In regards to my trip I am heading off to Washington to visit with my family.  I will be staying with my parents and sleeping on the couch.  That should be fun.  The up side is that my mother is one of the worlds best cooks, this is also a down side.  As Stina said to me yesterday, this would be a great opportunity for me to practice portion control.  In addition to that I will be going to a restaurant that I love, Taco Time.  This is a one time visit and I will not be eating everything on the menu.  I will also have the chance to visit with two friends that I have not seen in a long time.  One I have'nt seen in over 20 years and the other in over 10.  This should be fun and interesting.  With web access on my phone I will be able to keep in contact here on our blog.  Weight loss will be posted in two weeks.  I hope Fiona gets to go home with me, though Stina does take good care of her.  Remember, we don't have to be perfect, just a little better.  Carole

No comments:

Post a Comment