Friday, May 14, 2010

Swimming, Sunshine & Jamba Juice

Have been swimming the past two days.  The water is quite chilly, though if I take the plunge right away and just get to it, it is quite nice.  Noticed last night that I am getting a bit of a sun burn.  Have to dig out the sunscreen and protect myself.  Usually I do not like to sit in the sun, but I've found that it can be really nice.  Just hanging out at the pool with my son, soaking up the rays.  The extra exercise has improved my appetite and helped me to sleep well.  Wonderful exercise! 
Last night I met with Stina.  We have been going to Jamba Juice.  I get the Aloha Paradise (small, approx. 240 calories) with no banana and extra pineapple.  Delicious!  We then went to Barnes & Noble, where I had to make the difficult choice of choosing only one magazine to purchase.  I ended up choosing Belle Amore, as they have some beautiful projects to work on. 
Food wise this week has had its challenges.  Yesterday, my son and I stopped at Dairy Queen and had the chicken and fries basket.  No blizzard though, so I can be glad of small victories.  For dinner I had lowfat popcorn sprinkled with taco seasoning and a couple slices of cheese.  And one beer.  Today I have had a Lean Cuisine Baja wrap.  They are good.  I will continue to make good food decisions today, listening to my body and eating when I am hungry, not just cuz.  No swimming today as I do not have a partner.  Today is a take it easy day, plenty of water, crafting and perhaps a trip to Wal Mart to buy some spray paint.  Remember you don't have to be perfect, just a little bit better!  Carole

No comments:

Post a Comment